Anyone in your family or group the creative type? "Art on the Beach" combines two of life's great passions — art and travel — into one memorable beach-house vacation/retreat/getaway. A 3-story, 8-bedroom/5-bath ocean-to-river palace, with private elevator, heated plunge pool, oceanfront hot tub, private dock, and more.
The 2 top floors are outfitted in 5-star luxury style, the ground floor features 3 bedrooms and art studios: A fully stocked and functioning paint/draw studio, fine arts/crafts/scrapbook studio, sand/shells/sculpture studio, plus kids studio. Your Florida beach-house getaway need never get boring!
Live. Play. Recreate. Create. . . in your own Florida Beach House.
Perched high atop an oceanfront sand dune, the home is so close to the ocean that a child can toss a tennis ball into the water from the deck. With 8 bedrooms and 5 baths (including 3 w/en-suite bathrooms), this beautiful oceanfront and riverfront beach house is packed with features to delight everyone in your large family or group across all ages. Plus: Directly across the street lies your own private SECOND beach paradise, with riverfront recreation area: grill, picnic tables, fire pit, tiki bar, boat launch and private dock onto the pristine Indian River Estuary. This treasure is the most bio-diverse estuary in North America, teeming with 3400 species of marine life including dolphin, manatee, sea turtles and more (Source: Florida Oceanographic Institute).
Why the emphasis on the arts? A famed local architect and his wife designed and built this home to be their primary residence in retirement. Famous in South Florida for building much of the city of Boca Raton plus many celebrity-owned island retreats in the Caribbean, this well-traveled couple envisioned the home as an imaginative and inspirational place that arouses creativity, electrifies the senses, and is both relaxing and fun AND a place to which the children and grandchildren would enjoy returning to year after year. Now you, too, can share their vision and soak up all the creative energy that this gorgeous luxury beach estate continues to radiate.
Wear your t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops to the airport, because that's all you need for your beach-house vacation . . . We provide the rest. Travel light — and live large — with the fully-stocked, 5-Star-amenity properties of Beach Houses in Paradise. ("We stock heavy, so you can travel light".)
At rates starting at less than $100 per night per bedroom, enjoy 5-star luxury amenities and accommodations at an affordable price (the proverbial champagne on a beer budget!). Note: Art on the Beach is rented only to 1 party at a time; you will not be sharing the premises with strangers or unknown travelers.
The beach is situated on a private beach in a quiet residential area — there are no condos, high rises or large public beaches for miles. (No crowds, just a beach all to yourself and your group). The Atlantic Ocean is right off your back porch. Right across the street is your own 250-foot-long deep-water private dock on the Indian River, offering some of the best fishing in the world and stocked with all your favorite water toys. (complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, snorkel gear, bicycles, boogie boards, inflatable rafts, fishing poles and tackle, metal detectors, and more)
Own a boat? Bring it! Moor it at your own private dock and there's even room to park your trailer. (Boat ramp is just 1 mile away). RV? Room for that too!
SAVE! Paradise need not hurt your wallet or pocketbook. We offer many discounts: military, educators, civil service, rescue and law enforcement, medical and more. Active or retired. Even FL residents save $. (But if you are age 50+, enjoy our SENIOR discount — by definition, the biggest discount of all.)
Not only is the home situated in the most biodiverse marine environment in North America, but it's also located in Stuart FL, Winner of the "America's Happiest Seaside Town" award given annually by Coastal Living Magazine. (Locals of a certain age that remember TV's "The Andy Griffith Show" proudly call Stuart the "Mayberry of Florida".)
Everything is included free with your rental
From bicycles to beach blankets, from towels to toilet paper, and all points between. (Did you know that fewer than 25% of Florida listings include high chairs for little ones? Many vacation rentals don't even provide you a full supply of toilet paper (!) or such basics as towels, bed linens, toiletries, paper goods or even cooking essentials like salt, pepper, spices, oils, and other basic staples.
And can you imagine arriving to your beach vacation rental, only to discover that there are no coolers, ice, beach chairs, beach towels, beach blankets, umbrellas and beach toys like sand pails, bikes, cornhole, volleyball, kayaks, and horseshoes? Why waste the first day of your precious vacation — or more money — shopping at the local Wal-Mart?
Instead, book a Beach House in Paradise and begin relaxing the moment you arrive. (We even pre-heat hot tubs and pools, and put out the bathrobes & towels so your relaxing beach vacation can start the moment you arrive.)
What others say about our town (Stuart, FL)
- Coastal Living Magazine: #1 Happiest Seaside Town in America (2016)
- House Beautiful Magazine: #1 Most Beautiful Small Town in Florida
- Smithsonian Magazine: Best Small Towns to Visit in the U.S. (3rd place)
- America In Bloom (Audubon group): #1 Most Beautiful City in America
- American Planning Association: #1 City in Florida (2020 winner)
- Oprah Winfrey: "Most charming American towns you've never heard of" (6th place, O Magazine, Jan 2020)
- FindTheHome: #1 Best Place to Retire in the U.S.
- OnlyInYourState: 1 of 8 "Most Beautiful Small Towns in Florida"
- Huffington Post: Top Florida Beach Towns
One of only 60 beach houses like it in the USA
Art on the Beach is among the fewer than 60 houses in the entire US that sit DIRECTLY ON THE OCEAN and also sit DIRECTLY ON A MILE-PLUS WIDE RIVER with private dock for fishing and water toys, and where the river empties into the ocean just a short mile away. Start every day with breakfast views of a glorious sunrise gently emerging above the peaceful ocean. Usher in each evening with mesmerizing vistas of golden-hued sunsets rippling across the majestic Indian River.
A water wonderland
In addition to the private beach, enjoy your own private dock adjacent to tiki-hut entertainment deck, complete with complimentary fishing equipment (fully-stocked bait and tackle), snorkel gear, and even complimentary water toys like paddleboards, kayaks and more. Jet skis and boats available too!
A treasure chest of delight
There's even more fun to be had: The home sits smack dab in the middle of the "Treasure Coast". To this very day, gold doubloons, pieces of eight and other Spanish treasure still occasionally wash up along Hutchinson Island, especially following big storms. In fact, just 200 yards away to the north of the beach house, the House of Refuge Museum showcases relics from prior shipwrecks, one of which — the Georges Valentine wreck — is a fun snorkeling experience and is close enough to swim to from the beach house! (Beach-comber metal-detectors provided complimentary.)
Help preserve our pristine area
The waters in and around the beach house are among the most biologically rich and environmentally sensitive in the entire United States. The owners of the home are ardent supporters of local environmental groups for 20+ years, with financial support and contributions well into the 7 figures.
Help preserve the natural beauty and sensitive ecosystem surrounding the home:
- Do not touch or approach dolphins, sea turtles and manatees (who sometimes swim near the end of the dock). These are protected species. The Florida Fish and Wildlife officers in their boats have powerful binoculars; they WILL arrest you.
- Be responsible with your fishing tackle. Avoid leaving behind loose lines, hooks and other tackle after a successful day fishing. (Pelicans, egrets, herons and other birdlife get tangled in fish lines or snagged by hooks ... or by fish they've caught who still have a hook in their mouth.)
- Do not litter (this includes urinating into the water, emptying alcohol or soda into the water, and so on).
Availability (Reserve your Dates)
How to Book
"Art on the Beach" is available on all major travel websites and beach house rental booking platforms. For pricing and availability, search your favorite travel platform for "Stuart FL" and use the map feature to navigate to the oceanfront area just east of the towns of Stuart Florida and Sewall's Point Florida. (There, you will find our "Beach Houses in Paradise", including Art on the Beach.).
Need help or have questions?
We'd love to make your vacation exceptional! Ask us about availability, pricing, and more.
Beach & Oceanfront Area:
Dock & Riverfront Recreation Area:
Kitchen & Living Areas:
Grand Master Bedroom Suite:
Additional Interior Photos:
Exterior / Decking / Balconies:
- Are the kayaks and jet skis included?
- All human-powered toys you see — from bikes to kayaks, from paddle boards to snorkels — are included free with your rental. (Note that surfboards tend to be highly specialized items that many of our guests bring themselves. If you would like to rent surfboards, they are available from several providers.) Motorized items — such as jet skis, boats, cars, or RV’s — can be rented from nearby providers.
- Are there alligators?
- Alligators don't exist in this part of Florida. (Gators can't survive near the beach in saltwater environments; they live only inland, where there is plenty of fresh water.) At Art on the Beach, both the river and ocean are salty.
- Can I combine a Florida beach house vacation with a Disney World Orlando vacation?
- Yes. For those interested in combining a beach house experience with Mickey Mouse, Disney World, Universal, and all the other Orlando Resorts: It's a two-hour drive from Art on the Beach to Disney and Orlando, driving along the Florida Turnpike. (Avoid the Interstate). Many vacationing families in our beach home community will spend a week bringing three (or four) generations together in a Florida beach house, then "spin off" the younger side of the family to Disney World for a few days.