The perfect ocean-to-river beach-house getaway, "As Good as it Gets" boasts spectacular 360-degree water views, including more than 500 feet of private unspoiled beach. Relax in your oceanfront hot tub, enjoy beachfront and riverfront cookouts, and catch lunch on your own private dock.
The home shines bright like an ocean pearl, upgraded and renovated with all-new appliances, 4K TVs, water toys, high-speed business-class wifi Internet, and so much more.
SWIMMING POOLS! Looking for a pool? How about 3? (!!) With your stay of 1 week or longer, the owner includes FREE complimentary passes to 3 resort-style pools at the nearby Ocean Club at the Marriott Hutchinson Island Resort (includes golf+tennis+fitness).
Wear your t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops to the airport, because that's all you need to bring for your Florida beach-house vacation . . . We provide the rest. Travel light — and live large — with the fully-stocked, 5-Star-amenity properties of Beach Houses in Paradise. (Our motto is "We stock heavy, so you can travel light")
As Good as it Gets is situated on a private beach in a quiet residential area — there are no condos, high rises or large public beaches for miles. (No crowds, just a beach all to yourself and your group). The Atlantic Ocean is right off your back porch. And 15 paces from your front door is your own 300-foot-long deep-water private dock on the Indian River, offering some of the best fishing in the world, and stocked with all your favorite water toys (complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, snorkel gear, bicycles, boogie boards, fishing gear, metal detectors, and more).
SAVE! We offer many discounts: military, educators, civil service, rescue and law enforcement, medical and more. Active or retired. Even Florida residents save $$. (But Seniors aged 50+ get the biggest discount of all.)
Own a boat? Bring it! Moor it at your own private dock, and there's even room to park your trailer. RV? room for that too!
Not only is the home situated in the most biodiverse marine environment in America (source: Florida Oceanographic Institute), but it's also located in Stuart FL, Winner of the "America's Happiest Seaside Town" award given annually by Coastal Living Magazine! (Locals — of a certain age that remember TV's "The Andy Griffith Show" — proudly call Stuart the "Mayberry of Florida".)
What others say about our town (Stuart, FL)
- Coastal Living Magazine: #1 Happiest Seaside Town in America (2016)
- House Beautiful Magazine: #1 Most Beautiful Small Town in Florida
- Smithsonian Magazine: Best Small Towns to Visit in the U.S. (3rd place)
- America In Bloom (Audubon group): #1 Most Beautiful City in America
- American Planning Association: #1 City in Florida (2020 winner)
- FindTheHome: #1 Best Place to Retire in the U.S.
- OnlyInYourState: 1 of 8 "Most Beautiful Small Towns in Florida"
- Huffington Post: Top Florida Beach Towns
One of the only 60 beach houses like it in the USA
This precious ocean jewel is among the fewer than 60 beach houses in the entire United States that sit DIRECTLY ON THE OCEAN and also sit DIRECTLY ON A MILE-PLUS WIDE RIVER with private dock for fishing and water toys, and where the river empties into the ocean just a short mile away. Start every day with breakfast views of a glorious sunrise gently emerging above the peaceful ocean. Usher in each evening with mesmerizing vistas of golden-hued sunsets rippling across the majestic Indian River.
A nature-lover’s paradise
This Ocean-to-River Beach House sits at the southern terminus of the Indian River, the most biologically diverse estuary in all North America (according to marinelife samples taken by the Florida Oceanographic Society marine biologists in May 2015 ... samples taken just yards away from this home's dock!) From the dock, tiki hut, or oceanfront deck, watch manatees, dolphins, and sea turtles frolic year-round. Birdlife abounds with ibis, egrets, herons, warblers, pelicans and more. And fishing? Well, let's just say that while a Publix supermarket is conveniently located just a few blocks down the street, you'll never need to buy fish from the market during your stay!
A water wonderland
In addition to the private beach, enjoy your own private dock adjacent to tiki-hut entertainment deck, complete with complimentary fishing equipment (fully-stocked bait and tackle), snorkeling gear, and even complimentary water toys such as paddleboards, kayaks , rafts and more. If you're not bringing your own, boats and jet skis are available for rent just a few hundred yards away from your dock.
A treasure chest of delight
As Good as It Gets sits smack dab in the middle of the "Treasure Coast". To this very day, gold doubloons, pieces of eight and other spanish treasure still occasionally wash up along Hutchinson Island, especially following big storms during the summer. (Complimentary beach-comber metal-detectors are provided.)
Help preserve our pristine area
The waters in and around the beach house are among the most biologically rich and environmentally sensitive in the entire United States. The owners of the home are ardent supporters of local environmental groups for 20+ years, with financial support and contributions well into the 7 figures.
Help preserve the natural beauty and sensitive ecosystem surrounding the home:
- Do not touch or approach dolphins, sea turtles and manatees (who sometimes swim near the end of the dock). These are protected species. The Florida Fish and Wildlife officers in their boats have powerful binoculars; they WILL arrest you.
- Be responsible with your fishing tackle. Avoid leaving behind loose lines, hooks and other tackle after a successful day fishing. (Pelicans, egrets, herons and other birdlife get tangled in fish lines or snagged by hooks ... or by fish they've caught who still have a hook in their mouth.)
- Do not litter (this includes urinating into the water, emptying alcohol or soda into the water, and so on).
Availability (Reserve your Dates)
How to Book
Located in Stuart FL, "As Good as it Gets" is available on all major travel websites and beach house rental booking platforms. For pricing & availability, search your favorite travel platform for "Stuart FL", and use the map feature to navigate to the oceanfront just east of the towns of Stuart FL & Sewall's Point FL.
Need help or have questions?
We'd love to make your vacation exceptional! Ask us about availability, pricing, and more.
Kitchen & Living Area:
Previous guests have posted zillions of reviews online, at all the different travel websites, Facebook, Google Reviews, Yelp and beyond. Even more elect to do it “the old-fashioned way” . . . by making hand-written entries into a physical journal located at the home itself:
- Is the home wheelchair or motion-impaired accessible?
- Like most other ocean-to-river beach homes in this area, only the ground floor is available to wheelchairs and motion-impaired individuals. Reason: Florida building codes in this oceanfront area require that the living and sleeping areas of these homes be well over 12 to 18 feet above sea level, to withstand the surging waves and debris that hurricanes present. For our home, this means that the ground-floor level contains only an enclosed two-vehicle parking garage. To enter the primary living areas on Level 2, one must climb stairs. This second level contains kitchen, dining, living room/family room, bathroom, plus one partionable bedroom, with its own private TV and private oceanfront views. To reach bedrooms on level 3, another set of stairs must be climbed. Finally, to reach the highest level 4 — an indoor/outdoor under-roof observation-deck platform with 360-degree views — one must climb an almost 90-degree vertical ladder.
- Are pets allowed?
- This beach home is pet-friendly, and the beach is pet-friendly, too! You'll find several pet amenities at your beach house, including pet gates, pet walk area, bowls & beds, and our favorite, a "Pet Spa" outdoor wash-down station that's great for everything from rinsing off sandy paws to a fast and easy full-fledged bath.
- Are there alligators?
- Alligators don't exist in this part of Florida. (Gators can't survive near the beach in saltwater environments; they live only inland, where there is plenty of fresh water.) At As Good as it Gets, both the river and ocean are salty.
- Can I combine a Florida beach house vacation with a Disney World Orlando vacation?
- Yes. For those interested in combining a beach house experience with Mickey Mouse, Disney World, Universal, and all the other Orlando Resorts: It's a two-hour drive from As Good as it Gets to Disney and Orlando, driving along the Florida Turnpike. (Avoid the Interstate). Many vacationing families in our beach home community will spend a week bringing three (or four) generations together in a Florida beach house, then "spin off" the younger side of the family to Disney World for a few days.