These luxury-class beachfront retreats feature the best of both worlds: They sit DIRECTLY on the Atlantic Ocean beach (your back porch empties onto the sand itself), and they also sit DIRECTLY on the mile-wide Indian River, with private docks for all your water toys, fishing and boating enjoyment. (Plus, ocean access from your private dock is just 1 mile south to the inlet.)
From the Ritz-Carlton sourced Egyptian bedding & linens to the complimentary newspaper delivered daily to your doorstep (Sundays, too!), no detail is overlooked. Complimentary slippers, bathrobes, whirlpool-style jetted tubs in the bathrooms, even "do not disturb" signs to hang outside your bedroom door.
The beach-house resort is located midway between Miami area and Orlando, in SE Florida, just east of the "Sailfish Capital of the World", Stuart FL. (We're just 45 minutes away from Palm Beach International Airport). Featuring five-star amenities, hot tubs, jacuzzi baths, 4K UHD flatscreen TVs, private docks, tiki-hut outdoor entertainment decks, complimentary water toys, and much, much more, we didn't miss a trick.
Situated on a private beach in a quiet residential area — there are no condos, high rises or large public beaches for miles. (No crowds, just a beach all to yourself and your group). The Atlantic Ocean is right off your back porch. And 15 paces from your front door is your own 300-foot-long deep-water private dock on the Indian River, offering some of the best fishing in the world, and stocked with all your favorite water toys.
Everything is included free with your rental
From bicycles to beach blankets, from towels to toilet paper, and all points between. (Did you know that fewer than 25% of Florida listings include high chairs for little ones? Many vacation rentals don't even provide you a full supply of toilet paper (!) or such basics as towels, bed linens, toiletries, paper goods or even cooking essentials like salt, pepper, spices, oils, and other basic staples.
And can you imagine arriving to your beach vacation rental, only to discover that there are no coolers, ice, beach chairs, beach towels, beach blankets, umbrellas and beach toys like sand pails, bikes, cornhole, volleyball, kayaks, and horseshoes? Why waste the first day of your precious vacation — or more money — shopping at the local Wal-Mart?
Instead, book a Beach House in Paradise and begin relaxing the moment you arrive. (We even pre-heat hot tubs and pools, and put out the bathrobes & towels so your relaxing beach vacation can start the moment you arrive.)
Here's what others say about our town (Stuart, FL)
- Coastal Living Magazine: #1 Happiest Seaside Town in America (2016)
- House Beautiful Magazine: #1 Most Beautiful Small Town in Florida
- Smithsonian Magazine: Best Small Towns to Visit in the U.S. (3rd place)
- America In Bloom (Audubon group): #1 Most Beautiful City in America
- American Planning Association: #1 City in Florida (2020 winner)
- Oprah Winfrey: "Most charming American towns you've never heard of" (6th place, O Magazine, Jan 2020)
- FindTheHome: #1 Best Place to Retire in the U.S.
- OnlyInYourState: 1 of 8 "Most Beautiful Small Towns in Florida"
- Huffington Post: Top Florida Beach Towns
Three of the only 60 beach houses like it in the USA
These precious ocean jewels are among the fewer than 60 beach houses in the entire United States that sit DIRECTLY ON THE OCEAN and also sit DIRECTLY ON A MILE-PLUS WIDE RIVER with private dock for fishing and water toys, and where the river empties into the ocean just a short mile away. Start every day with breakfast views of a glorious sunrise gently emerging above the peaceful ocean. Usher in each evening with mesmerizing vistas of golden-hued sunsets rippling across the majestic Indian River.
A water wonderland
In addition to the private beach, enjoy the private docks adjacent to tiki-hut entertainment, complete with complimentary fishing equipment (fully-stocked bait and tackle), snorkeling gear, and even complimentary water toys such as paddleboards, kayaks, rafts and more. If you're not bringing your own, boats and jet skis are available too.
A treasure chest of delight
And there's even more fun to be had: the homes sit smack dab in the middle of the "Treasure Coast". To this very day, gold doubloons, pieces of eight and other Spanish treasure still occasionally wash up along Hutchinson Island, especially following big storms. The nearby House of Refuge Museum showcases relics from prior shipwrecks, one of which — the Georges Valentine wreck — is a fun snorkeling experience and is close enough to swim to from the beach nearby! (Complimentary beach-comber metal-detectors are provided.)
Help preserve our pristine area
The waters in and around the beach houses are among the most biologically rich and environmentally sensitive in the entire United States. The owners of the home are ardent supporters of local environmental groups for 20+ years, with financial support and contributions well into the 7 figures.
Help preserve the natural beauty and sensitive ecosystem surrounding the home:
Do not touch or approach dolphins, sea turtles and manatees (who sometimes swim near the end of the dock). These are protected species. The Florida Fish and Wildlife officers in their boats have powerful binoculars; they WILL arrest you.
Be responsible with your fishing tackle. Avoid leaving behind loose lines, hooks and other tackle after a successful day fishing. (Pelicans, egrets, herons and other birdlife get tangled in fish lines or snagged by hooks ... or by fish they've caught who still have a hook in their mouth.)
Do not litter (this includes urinating into the water, emptying alcohol or soda into the water, and so on).
Availability (Reserve your Dates)
How to Book
The "Ocean-to-River Resort" is available on all major travel websites and vacation-rental booking platforms. For pricing & availability, search your favorite travel platform for "Stuart FL" and use the map feature to navigate to the oceanfront area just east of the towns of Stuart Florida and Sewall's Point Florida.
Need help or have questions?
We'd love to make your vacation exceptional! Ask us about availability, pricing, and more.
- Are the kayaks and jet skis included?
- All human-powered toys you see – from bikes to kayaks, from paddle boards to snorkels – are included free with your rental. (Note that surfboards tend to be highly specialized items that many of our guests bring themselves. If you would like to rent surfboards, they are available from several providers.) Motorized items – such as jet skis, boats, cars, or RV’s – can be rented from nearby providers.
- Are there alligators?
- Alligators don't exist in this part of Florida. (Gators can't survive near the beach in saltwater environments; they live only inland, where there is plenty of fresh water.) At the Ocean-to-River Resort, both the river and ocean are salty.
- Can I combine a Florida beach house vacation with a Disney World Orlando vacation?
- Yes. For those interested in combining a beach house experience with Mickey Mouse, Disney World, Universal, and all the other Orlando Resorts: It's a two-hour drive from the Ocean-to-River Resort to Disney and Orlando, driving along the Florida Turnpike. (Avoid the Interstate). Many vacationing families in our beach home community will spend a week bringing three (or four) generations together in a Florida beach house, then "spin off" the younger side of the family to Disney World for a few days.